Thermodynamic simulation: using energy efficiently
Thermodynamic simulation helps prevent the overheating of components, improves energy usage and optimizes efficiency.
Typical thermodynamic simulation tasks involve:
- Heat exchanger calculation
- Improving component cooling rates
- Increasing energy efficiency in motors and machinery
- Improving plant availability and ensuring reliability
- Securing concepts before commissioning
Imagine you work at a company and are responsible for implementing a new product or plant.
Would it be interesting for you to ensure that everything functions correctly before building prototypes or commissioning?
Would it be exciting for you to find out that you could save 10% on your energy costs in your future plant?
How would you feel if you knew you could decrease the lead time of your product by 20%?
In fact, we have often managed to achieve similar results for our clients.
Is a thermodynamic simulation right for you?
A thermodynamic simulation is always a useful tool if you are dealing with the following challenges:
- Demanding questions that cannot be solved using traditional paper and pencil methods
- Situations where testing is too complex, expensive or simply not feasible
- Great potential for significant savings on energy and raw materials
- Increasing the power density to the point where it “actually shouldn’t be feasible”.
- Quickly assessing whether you should continue down your chosen path
Here is a list of situations where thermodynamic simulation would not be useful:
- You will only be producing units of low value and in limited quantities
- The task is so trivial that your intern would be able to implement it. Then you won’t be needing our services.
- You can achieve the same results using trial and error in a short time at a low cost
- The task is so complex that it cannot be solved with currently available scientific methods and tools
As you can see: we’re here to help you to invest in a solution that is right for you. Our team is so well utilized that we really have no need to sell you a product you don’t require.
What tools do we work with?
Answer: Always the right ones for the job at hand!
Our preferred tools:
Particularly suitable for tasks involving multiphysics, e.g. heat transfer combined with flow and mechanics. We are Comsol Certified Consultants since 2009.
Particularly suitable for general issues, e.g. parameter studies, heat exchanger calculation and process engineering simulations. We are MathWorks certified consultants since 2012.
Particularly suitable for pure flow simulations, e.g. fluid dynamics of large components and vehicles as well as flow modelling for very large rooms.
Particularly suitable for fast, pragmatic calculations, e.g. standard heat exchanger calculations, evaluating measurement data as well as estimate calculations.
What’s the next step?
If you think that we may be able to help please contact us without obligation. The easiest way is to use the chat feature on the bottom right of the page.